Sunday 12 July 2009

Enamelling



I thoroughly enjoyed my day enamelling at Chris Pates! The class was taken by Tamizan Savill and was a fabulous day. I made some cufflinks prior to the day but the hearts I wanted to enamel on them were a little to deep so they didn't turn out as well as I would have hoped... never mind I will get it right next time! I have been having fun with the PMC, just made a pendant that I had hoped I would have fired by now but the gem I set decided to pop out so I have to wait now for the new setting to dry properly... will fire it tomorrow. I will be taking an 8 week traditional jewellery course starting September and I am quite excited about that!
The flower pendant was something I wanted to try to see what happened in the kiln with pieces that aren't flat. I used sand to hold the flowers in shape and I am quite pleased with how it turned out. Being new to this medium I am a little short of tools so used an O cutter to get the shape and it has the same texture as the cufflinks. I intend to do some spending in the next few days though... need to for sure!

No comments: