Sunday 3 May 2009

National Scrapbooking Day yesterday


I had the great pleasure of joining in with Modscraps crop and great fun it was to! I am not very good at scrapping but who cares as long as it gives me pleasure! Not only that but we all have to start somewhere don't we! Some of the girls who go to Modscraps do produce some incredible work. If I thought that someday I may be half as good I would be happy! I have included a page I did finish but I am part way through another which I need to finish. What to take to a crop is still something I need to sort out as I never seem to have what I want when I go. Perhaps a little more forward thinking on my part would help but as I am so disorganised and lacking knowledge I have no idea what to do until I arrive - some day, Please God, I may break the cycle and actually know what I am intending to do so I can ensure I have the right equipment. For example I scan and print off photos I want to use but usually not until the morning I am going. Some of the girls there yesterday had hundreds of photos... it gave them some choice whereas I just had a couple and could only work with them. Not much help when we had surprise papers which really didn't go with my photos. Ah well it's ok as long as I enjoy myself! The page I have shown was done for one of yesterdays challenges which was to use a black background. The patterned paper was one I happened to have with me. Elisa is a very bubbly person and the spots texture on the background piece and patterned paper is representative of this. I was able to use the bubble alphabet to compliment it, thank you to the person who lent it to me!

1 comment:

Hazel said...

Good LO, Lynn - love the colours. If I went to a crop I wouldn't know how much and what to take, so I sympathise with you x