Friday 9 November 2007

Long time since I posted

So very much going on here. After Harvey died Maesey was finding things really hard and one evening actually started to throw herself against the door and crying really hard. We took on a pair of boys from Bichon Rescue... Josh and Jack, 10 and 5 respectively. Very overweight and in desperate need of a bath we collected them from Barbara from the rescue at Masgor services. I must say it was tinged with great sadness as that was where I first saw Harvey. Both are now on strict diets and hubby is saddled with taking all 3 on walks as I am not well at the moment. It calls for some hilarity when they get the leads tangled but the dogs enjoy the fun! I won't post a piccie yet (haven't got one here on this computer anyway) But will post a before and after when they have had their first groom. I was told they had been groomed but not sure who did it because the cut isn't a Bichon one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings :)

I am very pleased to read that you've taken in a couple Bichons. We love this breed and find that in the right home they are the Best doggies. (And in the wrong environment, I suspect you know how bad it can be.)

I am totally dismayed however, that they were in poor (smelly)condition upon your receipt of them. I cannot imagine any official Bichon Rescue volunteer not presenting clean, healthy bichons for adoption! Please, please tell me it wasn't a volunteer from Bichon Rescue (www.bichonrescue.org)

Thanks again for opening your home and heart to Bichons in need. I do hope you feel better very soon and can join in on the walkies :)

'Joyous' Gaile Avent, Editor
Bichon Frise Information Station
http://www.bichonfriseusa.com
Serving Bichons & their owners from around the world